"Meditation makes you happy. Happy makes you money."
~Russell Simmons, on why CEO's and employees should meditate
Wellness in the workplace is becoming more and more important to companies who expect optimal performance and productivity from their employees. The cost of stress-related healthcare, absenteeism, and employee turnover is climbing into the billions of dollars every year.
Research has shown that employees with a high sense of well-being are six times as likely to be engaged in their jobs, have less absenteeism, are less likely to be diagnosed with stress-related illnesses (like depression, anxiety, high blood pressure), and are more likely to stay with the company than employees with moderate-to-low sense of well-being. Successful teams and leaders require mental clarity to process an ongoing flood of information, adaptive thinking to navigate unforeseen challenges, emotional resilience to process stress and uncertainty, and social connection for greater engagement and teamwork.
When employees are engaged and thriving in their overall lives, they are more likely to maintain strong work performance — even during difficult times.
Research illustrates the myriad of ways that meditation in the workplace can benefit your business, including:
- Clarity and Focus: Clarity, creativity, and the ability to focus on goals are crucial to the success of any business. These are a byproduct of the inner calm and peace that meditation brings.
- Increased Employee Loyalty: A company that offers meditation as part of a workplace wellness program shows they care about its employees, and will gain the loyalty of workers at every level, which will result in less personnel turnover and increased employee retention.
- Improved Communication: A clear mind will express clear thoughts. Clear, effective communication between managers and employees is crucial to the smooth running of any business operation.
- Decreased Absenteeism Due to Illness: In today’s fast-paced business world, there is no way to avoid stress. However, meditation allows the individual to effectively deal with stress, which helps to improve their overall health, reducing their risk of heart disease, stroke, clinical depression, and a myriad of other conditions that cause employee absenteeism.
- Increased Productivity: Practicing meditation will help to improve the general productivity in companies of any size or industry. By helping employees at all levels deal with their stress effectively; focus more clearly on their own goals and the goals of the company; and communicate clearly with the other members of their team; the productivity of the employee will improve. And when productivity improves at the individual level, overall productivity of the company improves, too … which leads to increased profits and a healthier bottom line.
Power Nap incorporates principles of Yoga Nidra meditation ("yogic sleep"), a meditative practice which induces the relaxation response — the body’s natural healing state — where revitalization and regeneration naturally occur. It is non-religious and accessible to all ages and abilities. Over the course of 45 minutes, practitioners are guided through a journey of relaxation from the outside in. Upon return from meditation, individuals will feel rested, rejuvenated, and able to finish the day with renewed focus and energy. In fact, just twenty minutes in this state of deep relaxation feels like 3 hours of conventional sleep! Imagine what can be achieved when you experience this profound "second wind"!
Let's talk about how Power Nap can help you and your staff work smart, stress less, optimize performance, look forward to coming to work, and achieve your true potential.